The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative («ABA ROLI») seeks a full-time Deputy Country Director for its Ecuador office that manages ABA ROLI’s «Criminal Justice Ecuador» program, which provides technical support to the country’s transition to an accusatorial model of the criminal justice system. The Deputy Country Director shall provide general support for the Country Director in the following activities:
– Provide overall field responsibility for the Ecuador program;
– Assist with the management of international and local staff;
– Identify program methodologies and help to develop long-term and short-term strategies and work plans to improve the rule of law in Ecuador;
– Implement, monitor and evaluate Ecuador program and related activities;
– Conduct financial oversight of program and donor relations in Ecuador;
– Draft grant proposals and undertake fundraising in Ecuador.
Requires a Master’s Degree or Doctoral Degree (J.D., LL.M., S.J.D./J.S.D., Ph.D, or foreign equivalent) and 5 years professional experience. Additional job requirements include: professional fluency (oral and written) in English and Spanish, interpersonal skills, management abilities, oral and written communication skills, and criminal litigation under the accusatorial legal system. Preferred candidates will also have experience in international project management in Latin America.
How to apply:
Application: please click here: http://apps.americanbar.org/rol/opportunities/opportunities-home.shtml to apply. Please be prepared to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.