Regional Operations Director
South America Region
Founded in 1938, Bible League International (BLI) is an evangelical ministry that is called by God to provide Scriptures and training worldwide so that people prepared by the Holy Spirit will be brought into fellowship with Christ and His Church.
The Regional Operations Director will provide leadership and direction to Bible League International’s ministry activities in Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and Venezuela. This person will take direction from the Board of Directors, Senior Director of Latin America and Director of International Finance in carrying out the region’s strategic plans and objectives. This position’s main focus is to manage the operations of the ministry in the assigned country including but not limited to finance, compliance, legal, human capital and ministry program processes (including print/procurement/inventory).
One of the primary purposes of this position is to control BLI’s regional assets, manage regional financial activities and coordinate consolidation of regional financial activity into BLI’s global financial reports. This person will ensure regional compliance with all relevant laws, policies, and procedures while providing timely and accurate financial reports to management. Daily supervision of all financial transactions within the regional office will be required.
This position will be located in Bogota, Colombia.
o Develop and implement efficient annual plan and budget and be cognizant of appropriate expenditures throughout each fiscal year. Work closely with the Director of International Finance regarding analysis, proactive budgetary adjustments, and streamlining operational expenses.
o Ensure effective due diligence of granted resources throughout the region, including regular payment vetting against established terrorist watch lists and international sanctions; establishment, implementation, and maintenance of grant agreements with partner agencies; and accountability reporting from partner agencies regarding use of grant funding and compliance with grant agreements.
o Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts on a monthly basis; prepare special financial reports as deemed necessary by the Corporate Financial or Field Operations Department; analyze and evaluate financial reports in order to accomplish regional ministry objectives.
o Manage monthly consolidation of regional financial and inventory activity reporting into Bible League International’s global reporting.
o Prepare special financial reports as deemed necessary by the Corporate Financial or Field Operations Departments.
o Maintain perpetual inventory records, reconcile to the general ledger, and analyze inventory accuracy against ministry accomplishments. Identify relevant variances and provide explanations for management.
o Participate in annual Regional Finance Controller meetings.
• Operations: Ensure systems, reporting and day-to-day operations are carried out efficiently and effectively.
• Human Capital: Hire, train, develop and lead staff to implement BLI programs according to outlined
goals and objectives. Work in collaboration with Associate Director of Global Human Capital and be
involved in recruitment, payroll administration, performance management and salary and benefits
• Legal and Compliance: Will ensure that all operations are done in compliance with local and country
laws. Will also be responsible for ensuring that internal processes are being done effectively, efficiently,
according to specifications, and that all country reports are accurate and complete.
• Ministry Program: Will lead and direct the staff in assigned country to carry out the ministry to reach
country objectives. Implement and follow-up on progress of strategic objectives making sure milestones
are reached and measurable results are attained. Responsible for managing and tracking inventory
levels and ensuring adequate resources are available.
• Develop and implement financial, budgetary and inventory control management systems in the regional
office and branch offices as necessary, including effective and proven internal control policies and
• Ensure effective due diligence of granted resources throughout the region, including regular payment
vetting against established terrorist watch lists and international sanctions; establishment, implementation, and maintenance of grant agreements with partner agencies; and accountability reporting from partner agencies regarding use of grant funding and compliance with grant agreements.
• To ensure compliance of regional office with all applicable laws, policies and regulations.
• Carry out other responsibilities assigned by the Senior Director and the Director of International Finance.
1. Must be in agreement with Bible League International’s Statement of Faith.
2. University degree in Finance or Accounting required. Accounting certification strongly desired with an
understanding of International Accounting Standards.
3. 2+ years of finance experience required; multi-national experience within a corporation preferred.
4. Must be proficient in corporate accounting software, Excel and Word.
5. Should possess good oral and written communication skills, including courteous and professional telephone presence.
6. Must possess a professional-level proficiency in English.
7. Must possess strong organizational skills and be able to manage numerous tasks simultaneously.
8. Must be able to travel 40%-60% of the time throughout the region and occasionally to the US for training and development.
9. Auditing experience preferred.
For more information about the ministry, visit www.bibleleague.org .
Subject: Regional Operations Director Position
Subject: Regional Operations Director Position
US Fax: 708-367-8990