About the Organization:
The following position corresponds to an Argentine non-profit organization whose purpose is to research, find, protect and preserve the most relevant examples of endangered natural communities, ecosystems, species and areas in the natural world, by implementing programs and projects to preserve and promote the protection and conservation of the native flora and fauna, by identifying, acquiring, protecting and managing lands that are representatives of the biological diversity.
Executive Director Position
A non-profit organization seeks a conservation leader with proven experience to advance private lands conservation across the Argentine Patagonia. This is an exciting management opportunity for a creative and entrepreneurial leader who seeks to set a new agenda for conservation in Argentina. The Executive Director will report to a Board of Directors and will work directly with and receive work guidance primarily from the President of the Board.
S/he will work closely with various constituents, including landowners, ranchers, the general public, government agencies, and other environmental organizations to achieve the greater purpose of preserving the natural heritage within rural land under private ownership in Argentina Patagonia. S/he will be responsible for leading the next phase of development of the organization.
• Build and manage the coordination of all programs and activities of the organization including land protection, membership development, fundraising, community relations and financial management.
• Strengthen a creative and productive partnership with local ranchers, producer´s associations, and other groups as appropriate.
• Manage relationships with key partner organizations.
• Support fund-raising activities, including the development of grants as needed to support organization´s workplan.
• Develop and execute next phase of organization’s institutional development plan.
• As organization grows, eventually manage group of staff and consultants.
The ideal candidate will have:
• 5-10 years experience working as Executive Director or similar position of a non-profit organization, ideally having previously founded a successful organization.
• Experience working effectively with a Board of Directors.
• Experience working with diverse stakeholders and recognizing and developing potential partnership opportunities.
• Knowledge of the rural cultural environment across Patagonia, and familiarity with the vision and expectations from landowners as regards the role of conservation on the ranching business.
• Ability to work effectively with government and non-government organizations and local groups in carrying out organization´s objectives.
• Fluent in Spanish and English.