Intermon Oxfam is looking to fill the position of Administration and Finance Manager in our office in Wau (Western Bahr-el-Ghazal, Sudan) for the International Cooperation Department
Intermon Oxfam believes in justice, solidarity, and peace, and we work to change the world. We believe that the best way of helping people in the poorest countries is to promote self-sufficiency and thus achieve their right to a life of dignity.
The complexity of the world in which we live calls for comprehensive action. To achieve this, we cooperate in more than 500 development programmes in over 30 countries in Africa, the Americas, and Asia. We act in emergencies; we promote fair trade and carry out consciousness-raising and social-mobilization campaigns.
To achieve greater efficiency in our work of fighting poverty and injustice in the world, we join forces with 12 other NGOs (non-governmental organisations) in different countries, with whom we share ethical principles and common objectives, forming Oxfam International.
All this is possible thanks to an extensive team of more than 1,900 professionals – volunteer and paid – and the collaboration of more than 210,000 private individuals, groups, and institutions that believe and trust in our work. Across the world, Oxfam International has the support of almost 2,000,000 members and donors.
In Spain, we have 7 offices in Barcelona, La Coruña, Bilbao, Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia and Saragossa (Zaragoza), 39 committees, and 35 fair trade shops.
Intermon Oxfam’s activities in Southern Sudan are mainly focused in the region of Bahr-el-Ghazal. The new period of peace is opening up new opportunities to rebuild the country and its shattered social and physical structures. At the moment Intermón Oxfam carries out activities related to Education, Emergencies (Water and Sanitation) and Food Security in Western Bahr-El-Ghazal.
For our office in Sudan and reporting to the Country Director, the selected candidate will be in charge of implementing policies and regulations, procedures, managing processes and systems in the administration sector, budget, finance and accounting management. His/her main functions will be:
• To elaborate, coordinate control and evaluate the Country Office’s global annual budget.
• To implement, control and report the Country Office’s accounting management.
• Train, accompany and supervise the Finance Clerks and Project Administrative.
• Supervise and integrate the programmes and projects financial management to the office general accounts.
• Carry out and/or supervise the contract, legal incidences, salaries and extra-salary benefits management, the Health and Safety Policy implementation and other issues concerning the work relations (offices internal rules and regulations implementation) according to the head quarters work relations Techniques.
• Carry out and/or supervise new collaborators selection and incorporation processes.
• Ensure the Office’s correct logistic and the information system adaptation and good use.
• Supervise the reception and public’s attention functions as well as the management of the subcontracted services.
• To control the Office’s treasury (collection, payments, bank and petty cash, etc.).
• University degree preferably in Business Administration and Management.
• Two years experience in a similar position, preferably in an NGO or in international cooperation.
• Knowledge of the country’s work and fiscal legislation.
• Knowledge of accountancy, treasury management and budget management.
• Knowledge of management computer programmes. Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet and e-mail.
• Team working and multicultural team management experience.
• Synthesis, planning and organisation skills.
• Results Orientation.
• Proficiency in written and spoken English; Sudanese Arabic will be an advantage.
• Motivation for international cooperation, development and fight against poverty.
Contract of employment: contract of 1 year (possibility or renovation as open ended contract) in charge of Intermón Oxfam and according to the country legislation.
Working hours: 40h a week. Working hours depends on the functions to realise program work-plan. Availability to occasionally work on week-ends, especially for field level follow-up of the projects (working day recoverable).
Salary: According to the Intermón Oxfam’s country salary scale.
Social benefits: Medical, life and accident insurance; moreover, Intermón Oxfam gives economic aid for workers with family.
Holidays: According to the working calendar in the country.
Working place: Wau (Western Bahr-el-Gazal, Sudan).
Incorporation date: December.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates can send their CV to seleccionterreno@IntermonOxfam.org, indicating the reference “Ref: 36/08-09”.
The closing date for submitting applications is 28th of September 2008.
Pre-selected candidates will be contacted within the 20 days after the closing date.
Intermon Oxfam applies the principle of gender equity for all job opportunities.