SNV Duty Station, Quito, Ecuador
At SNV, we help organisations succeed and scale by unlocking and harnessing their true potential. With more than 900 professional technical advisors located in 90 offices in more than 30 developing countries, we provide strategic and contextualised advisory, knowledge and advocacy services to more than 1800 leading public, private and social sector organisations in Africa, Asia, the Balkans, and Latin America to accelerate and sustain their fight against poverty.
Valores centrales y aspiraciones
SNV aspires to think different and catalyze development beyond convention – not because it is easy, but because it is necessary. More than four decades in the developing world have shown us that emerging market clients do not need new models, they need contextualized applications tailor-made to their unique institutional landscape. They need more than strategies, they need scalable solutions that can make a real difference. They need more than consultants, they need true partners.
As a communications officer you will be responsible for external positioning, guarding corporate identity and implementing the regional PR and communication plan – based on corporate policy.
You will be reporting directly to the Latin America Regional Communications Manager.
The Communications Officer will focus on the following core functions:
• Assist in the planning of country and regional events, coordinate with Communications Manager to create relevant event materials.
• Acts as final editor for external publications, guards quality and corporate identity in case of conferences, campaigns, publications, etc
• Write press releases to feature SNV Latin America publications, seminars, strategic alliances, and participation in global events
• Write web stories based on regional activities
• Plan and manage press events
• Identify and engage in outreach to regional media
• Provide inputs for E-portal to Knowledge Management Officer at Headquarters
• Academic level of M.A. or MBA preferred or equivalent education in communications, marketing or equivalent.
Experiencia de Trabajo
• Minimum of 6 years relevant work experience in communications, event coordination/planning, and outreach/educational program creation and management, internal and external PR and communication strategies, working with E-Portal.
• Native English speaker. Fluent Spanish.
• Experience working as part of a small team, be self-directed, able to work remotely.
Periodo de contrato
starting a.s.a.p. for 3 years.
You can send your application letter and CV (in English) to Mrs Pamela Espinosa, (firstname.lastname@example.org) under reference number EC 5935, until the 30th of Jun 2008. For further information regarding SNV Latin America, please visit our website at www.snvla.org and www.inclusivebusiness.org