SNV Duty Stations, Lima, Peru (Local Contract)
As a Strategic Partnerships Adviser you will lead efforts to catalyze strategic partnerships and resources between any or all of the following parties: SNV, its strategic clients and partners, and leading financial institutions, donors, private companies and critical multi-lateral institutions. You will also be responsible for critical business development efforts in the Andean Region in order to contribute to leveraged resources and relationships critical to sustainable impact and the generation of results.
This position will work closely with the Directors in the Andean Region and coordinate closely with the Partnerships and Resources Mobilization Team based in Washington, DC.
The Strategic Partnerships Adviser will focus on the following core functions:
• Strategic Advice: Provides timely input and contextualised strategic advice on strategic partnerships, relationship management and fundraising to internal and external stakeholders in support of activities implemented in economic development, basic services and business development within three countries in the Andes.
• Relationship Management: Leads and supports business development efforts with strategic partners in order to leverage resources, content/intelligence, talent and/or market opportunities critical to SNV’s and its clients’ objectives;
• Business Development: Responsible for, in coordination with Directors and Portfolio Coordinators when necessary, identifying, cultivating and developing relationships with key partners so that they provide the leveraged resources necessary for the achievement of program goals and objectives;
• Networking: Catalyses a strategic network of active stakeholders to leveraging the resources and opportunities;
• Analysis: Conducts ongoing analysis on resources and strategic partnerships context to ensure effective business development strategies are in place and are adjusted to ensure maximum effect;
• Proposal Development: Plays a leading role in the development of successful funding and partnership proposals and provides training and advice to internal and external clients;
• Review and Evaluation: Contributes to feedback processes and monitors achieved results. Proposes corrective measures and lessons learned based on evaluations.
• Consulting: relates with high-level client teams as a strategic advisor on fundraising and partnership development in order to mentor and manage client teams and deliver optimal client results;
• Knowledge Development: provides input for knowledge systematization as well as critical information to the long-term development and success of SNV’s practice. Ensures advisors leverage knowledge to maximise efficiency and effectiveness with clients.
• Academic level of M.A. or MBA preferred in marketing, business or fundraising.
Experiencia de Trabajo
• Professional background: Minimum of 7 years relevant work experience as advisor in partnership and business development and fundraising, in a diverse and complex international environment, preferably in a multi-lateral, private or social sector organisation/enterprise or consulting firm. A proven track record in developing and effectively implementing marketing and fundraising/business development strategies in Latin American context;
• Language/Culture/: A proven track record working in a multi-cultural environment. Experience working in a bilingual (English & Spanish) environment with sufficient proficiency required.
• Result oriented: A proven track record advising diverse and decentralised teams through change, developing growth and business development strategies and achieving tangible results. Is able to lead, stimulate, inspire and coach a team of innovative and passionate professionals.
• Networks: Demonstrable networks with regional and local funding organisations, multilateral organisations, foundations, private sector actors, etc.
Periodo de contrato
starting a.s.a.p. for 2 years.
You can send your cover letter explaining how you could make a meaningful contribution to SNV and its mission contemplating the functional requirements and CV (in English) to Ms. Pamela Espinosa, (firstname.lastname@example.org) under reference number PE 6474, until 15 August 2008. For further information regarding SNV Latin America, please visit our website at www.snvla.org and www.inclusivebusiness.org