SNV is a Dutch international organization committed to providing innovative solutions and technical assistance to eliminate poverty and inequity in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Balkan Region. We work with more than 3,000 clients from the public and private sector and leverage our more than 1,500 professional staff located in more than 100 offices around the world to create employment and income opportunities and access to basic services to the low income segment.
CORE VALUES AND ASPIRATIONS: SNV aspires to think different and catalyze development beyond convention – not because it is easy, but because four decades of experience on-the-ground have shown us that sustainable solutions require integrated and contextualized approaches, tailor-made strategies, and the ability to help our clients evolve. At SNV, we believe in principled leadership driven by passion, inquisitiveness, connection, results-orientation and integrity.
THE POSITION: As a Strategic Partnerships Adviser you will lead efforts to catalyze strategic partnerships and resources between any or all of the following parties: SNV, its strategic clients and partners, and leading financial institutions, donors, private companies and critical multi-lateral institutions. You will also be responsible for critical business development efforts in the Andean Region in order to contribute to leveraged resources and relationships critical to sustainable impact and the generation of results.
This position will work closely with the Directors in the Andean Region and coordinate closely with the Partnerships and Resources Mobilization Team based in Washington, DC.
· Academic level of M.A. or MBA preferred in marketing, business or fundraising.
· Professional background: Minimum of 7 years relevant work experience as advisor in partnership and business development and fundraising, in a diverse and complex international environment, preferably in a multi-lateral, private or social sector organisation/enterprise or consulting firm. A proven track record in developing and effectively implementing marketing and fundraising/business development strategies in Latin American context;
· Language/Culture/: A proven track record working in a multi-cultural environment. Experience working in a bilingual (English & Spanish) environment with sufficient proficiency required.
· Result oriented: A proven track record advising diverse and decentralised teams through change, developing growth and business development strategies and achieving tangible results. Is able to lead, stimulate, inspire and coach a team of innovative and passionate professionals.
· Networks: Demonstrable networks with regional and local funding organisations, multilateral organisations, foundations, private sector actors, etc.
You can send your cover letter explaining how you could make a meaningful contribution to SNV and its mission contemplating the functional requirements and CV (in English) to Ms. Pamela Espinosa, (firstname.lastname@example.org, y a email@example.com ) under reference number PE 6474 Mob. RR, until 30 November 2008.