Vacancy Code : VA/LCO/2009/Programme OfficerNO-A
Post Title : Programme Officer Post Level NO-A (local position)*
Org Unit Latin America and the Caribbean Office, Peru Operations Centre
Duty Station Lima, Peru
Duration 01 year
Closing Date 05 de febrero de 2009
UNOPS is a self-financing entity of the United Nations system, with more than a decade of experience in providing operational management services in developing nations and post-conflict/emergency situations. UNOPS Peru Operations Centre (PEOC) provides services to the UN System, the Peruvian Government, the different regional and municipal governments, International Financial Institutions, the donor community, and others, for the implementation of projects in the field of infrastructure, disaster management and complex procurement project
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance and supervision of Director PEOC, the Programme Officer supports the design and development of business plans for acquisition and growth of business portfolio to meet revenue and income target and the administration and delivery of top quality service responsive to client needs. The incumbent reports to Director PEOC for general guidance and supervision of nonroutine issues and takes decision on clearly established authority within established guidelines.
Main duties and responsibilities are the following:
- Preparation and/or contributions to work plan for portfolio management. Setting of goals, targets and performance standards for portfolio under his/her responsibility.
- Preparation of project budgets and revisions, in consultation with the appropriate parties. Preparation of Terms of Reference for subcontractors and consultants; preparation of lists of
- suitable firms or institutions, and individual consultants; evaluation of proposals received; preparation of recommendations for contract awards; negotiation with successful bidder, for approval.
- Preparation of contract documents and letters of agreement with institutions and UN agencies; administration of contracts and agreements and process amendments, if required, for approval.
- Evaluation, updating and monitoring performance of roster of service providers of suitable firms or institutions. Preparation of Tenders and recommendation of contract awards to asses best service providers.
- Certification of disbursements of allocated financial resources for the portfolio.
- Active work with clients on proposed projects, implementation plans, cost implications, identification of milestones to ensure success.
- Evaluation of economic, political, social and other relevant reports to assess potential business opportunities and submit analytical reports on outcome and proposals for action.
- Contribution to the development of tools and platform for data and content management in order to ensure information and knowledge sharing with clients and partners.
- Focus on clients’ services, keeping them informed of portfolio progress; solicit feedback Interaction with internal clients and regional/portfolio managers to integrate and harmonize approaches.
Required Selection Criteria
- Strong service and client orientation, planning and organization skills necessary.
- Ability to translate and apply business acumen and technical expertise and thorough knowledge of UNOPS operations, to plan business acquisition and growth; and to direct operations of a large, complex operation and service delivery.
- Good team player, and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to recognize and seize potential market opportunities and challenges and to take timely and independent decisions to meet goals and objectives.
- Capacity for persuasive communication, consensus building and obtaining commitments from clients/partners.
- Knowledge of ERP (Peoplesoft) systems. Strong knowledge of IT packages.
- Ability to apply technical skills to ensure delivery of services responsive to clients.
- Ability to network, to partner and actively interface with internal and external clients and partners to meet work objectives.
- Experience in Procurement Processes at the UN, level and international and local entities level.
- Advanced university degree, preferably in one or more of the following disciplines: international affairs, business administration, social sciences, economics, agriculture, environmental studies, development studies, or another field relevant to international development assistance or a First University degree in related fields combined with four years of experience in similar responsible position.
- At least two years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services and hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation or development projects.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages and handling of web based
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish and knowledge of English.
Submission of Applications
Qualified candidates may submit their application, including a letter of interest, complete Curriculum Vitae and an updated United Nations Personal History Form (P.11) (available on our website), to email@example.com via email. Kindly indicate the vacancy number and the post title in the subject line when applying by email.
* Please note that this is a local post and is open to all nationals of the country of the duty station and to individuals who have a valid work permit.
– Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
– Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
– Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
– UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level below the advertised level of the post.
For more information on UNOPS, please visit the UNOPS website at www.unops.org.