Health Unlimited (HU) is seeking an experienced and qualified candidate for the position of Peru Country Manager to fully manage and develop its programme, to represent the organisation in all matters within the country and to develop/maintain excellent relationships with the Peruvian Government, the Ministry of Health (MOH), donors and other key stakeholders.
Main Functions of Post:
1. To provide overall management for the ongoing project/s in Peru
2. To develop and implement a country strategy which is within HU’s worldwide vision/mission.
3. To represents HU in Peru in the promotion of excellent relationships with both central and local government departments, international organizations, other NGO’s and in-country donors.
4. To develop the partnership with Salud Sin Límites Perú as local partner.
5. To maintain communication with HU London on project development, funding, financial matters and social/economic/political developments in Peru.
6. To leads HU Peru in project development, funding and other matters, as required.
• At least 5 years experience as a health and/or development manager in Peru
• Masters degree in relevant discipline such as public health, development, human rights
• Detailed knowledge of priority public health and poverty issues in Latin America
• At least 5 years experience of Project Cycle Management
• Strong experience of project accounting, budgeting and financial management
• Demonstrable computing skills (word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, internet)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish
• Commitment to working with people in isolated, remote areas
• Experience of working in and/or managing health projects in rural areas of Peru
• Experience of designing public health interventions, preferably in Peru
• Experience of developing and managing relationships with donors
• Knowledge of Peru’s government system
• Experience of working in Peru
Please visit the Health Unlimited website www.healthunlimited.org for a copy of the job description and application form.
Please send completed application forms (in English) to Carmen Hamilton email@example.com by Friday 4th July 5pm GMT.