SNV Duty Station, Lima, Peru
As a Communications Adviser you will provide strategic and contextualized communications and marketing guidance in support of business development efforts Bolivia, Ecuador and Perú in order to contribute to heightened awareness and action critical to sustainable impact and the generation of results.
The Communications Adviser will focus on the following core functions:
• Strategic Advice: Provides timely input and contextualised strategic advice on communications, marketing and branding aspects to internal and external stakeholders in support of activities implemented in economic development, basic services and business development within three countries in the South American Region (Bolivia, Ecuador and Peru).
• Advocacy: Supports the development of media outreach, advocacy campaigns and other media support to ensure the dissemination of core messages that promote and contribute to social change in line with strategic objectives;
• Quality: Establishes positive relationships and engages with key stakeholders; both internal and external including but not restricted to media outlets at national, subregional and regional/international levels, key communications partners, and new media organisations;
• Networking: Catalyses a strategic network of active stakeholders in critical to leveraging the resources and opportunities in communications and client relationship management.
• Analysis: Conducts supportive analysis on context to ensure effective messaging and communications strategies to ensure maximum effect;
• Review and Evaluation: Contributes to feedback processes and monitors achieved results. Proposes corrective measures and lessons learned based on evaluations.
• Consulting: relates with high-level client teams as a Principal or Global Account Manager in order to mentor and manage client teams and deliver optimal client results;
• Knowledge Development: provides input for knowledge systematization as well as critical information to the long-term development and success of SNV’s practice. Ensures advisors leverage knowledge to maximise efficiency and effectiveness with clients.
• Academic level of M.A. or MBA preferred or equivalent education in Communications and/or marketing or equivalent.
Experiencia de Trabajo
• Professional background: Minimum of 7 years relevant work experience as advisor in communications, marketing, public relations and/or campaigning in a diverse and complex international environment, preferably in a multi-lateral, private or social sector organisation. A proven track record in developing and effectively implementing marketing and communication strategies in Latin American context;
• Language/Culture/IT: A proven track record working in a multi-cultural environment. Experience working in a bilingual (English & Spanish) environment with sufficient proficiency required. Proficiency in new media tools and strategies desired.
• Result oriented: A proven track record advising diverse and decentralised teams through change, developing growth and business development strategies and achieving tangible results. Is able to lead, stimulate, inspire and coach a team of innovative and passionate professionals.
• Networks: Demonstrable networks with regional and local media preferred.
Periodo de contrato
starting a.s.a.p. for 2 years
You can send your cover letter explaining how you could make a meaningful contribution to SNV and its mission contemplating the functional requirements and CV (in English) to email@example.com under reference “Comms and Mktg Advisor South America”, until 15 August 2008. For further information regarding SNV Latin America, please visit our website at www.snvla.org and www.inclusivebusiness.org