Location: Peru – Lima
IRD is seeking qualified candidates to serve as COP on an upcoming USAID-funded economic growth project in Peru.
Role and responsibilities include:
– Providing overall project technical and managerial leadership and vision with ultimate responsibility for achieving project results.
– Leading project annual work plan and implementation strategy development/revision, both technically and strategically, providing innovative or time tested ideas, methods, strategies.
– Supervising senior project staff to ensure effective and efficient project administration, financial management and contract compliance.
– Building a strong motivated team among project staff and implementing partners.
– Liaising with and building productive relationships among USAID, host government counterparts and donors.
– Leadership, strategic planning, team building, representational, coordination, and partnership building skills demonstrated by past project success and strong professional references.
– Technical expertise covering economic, small-medium enterprise, private sector and market / export development.
– Solid grasp of project functional areas of M&E, communications, gender, etc.
– Masters Degree in business administration, economics, social science or related field.
– Fluent Spanish and English (FSI 4/4).
– Minimum of 10 years designing and managing donor private sector development projects – as Team Leader, COP, Deputy COP, or component leader – particularly USAID projects.
– Latin America experience with Peru experience preferred.