Código de seguimiento
Descripción del trabajo
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) seeks a Multimedia Curriculum Designer (MCD) to support the integration of M&E learning systems, tools and resources into NDI’s organizational practice. The MCD will work closely with the Senior Advisor for Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning to:
* Extend M&E learning and capacity-building processes to NDI program staff working overseas; and
* Equip program staff with user-friendly, globally accessible M&E project cycle tools.
The position will be based in Washington, DC and is funded by the National Endowment for Democracy through January 2011.
* Finalize Existing M&E Tools and Resources
– The Multimedia Curriculum Designer will work with the Senior Advisor in delivering participatory workshops to key regional, functional and administrative teams within the organization. The designer will participate in the pedagogical planning process, preparation of materials and facilitation of face-to-face workshops. The MCD will support the finalization and dissemination of existing M&E tools and resources such as: a four-module M&E Workbook; PowerPoint presentations; M&E Tips & Tools; and an M&E Newsletter.
* Develop an Online M&E Toolbox
– The Multimedia Curriculum Designer will build on the pedagogical design of the M&E curriculum, refining a draft M&E Intranet site that will serve as an online toolbox for staff in DC and the field. The Multimedia Curriculum Designer will use authoring software and learning management technology to translate existing M&E resources into easily accessible online learning tools.
* Pilot e-Learning Tools with Regional Teams
– The Multimedia Curriculum Designer will work with the Senior Advisor to pilot online learning events with key regional teams, exploring ways to translate/replicate the learning and action processes to the field through e-Learning Pilots such as: Topical webinars; a distance learning course; and an M&E orientation for field staff.
* Manage and Assess e-Learning:
– Work with the Senior Advisor to assess the extent to which learning processes and resources are successfully extended to the field. This will include tracking participant enrolment, use of internet resources and satisfaction with e-learning events, along with developing instruments to measure acquisition and application of knowledge. The MCD will draft progress reports for the organization as well as the donor.
* Bachelor’s Degree required. Candidate working towards obtaining a Masters or PhD in Instructional Design and Development, International Training and Education, Educational Technology Leadership or the equivalent preferred;
* Minimum two (2) years of experience in training and/or teaching. Additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for educational requirement on a one-for-one basis;
* Thorough understanding of adult learning theory as well as practical skills in the application of educational technologies for improving learning within organizational settings;
* Foundational knowledge and skills for designing, developing and implementing effective materials for e-learning and e-teaching;
* Experience using authoring software and learning management tools to design and manage curricula; (e.g., Articulate Rapid E-Learning Studio, Elluminate, OneTrainer);
* Experience in educational assessments ;
* Strong group facilitation skills;
* Foreign language skills and overseas experience preferred;
* Understanding of international development and democracy assistance;
* Familiarity with project management tools and processes;
* Good interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff, U.S. and foreign government personnel and NGO community;
* Good oral and written communication skills to effectively present information and respond to questions;
* Capacity to work both independently and as a member of a team;
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions;
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs;
* Working knowledge of basic budget and accounting procedures;
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines;
* Ability to apply discretion and maintain confidential information.
NDI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ubicación del trabajo
Washington, DC, US.
Tipo de puesto
Para postular hacer click aquí