Position title: Regional Child Protection Initiative Representative (CPI) Latin
America Region Location: Lima
The Save the Children Alliance Regional CPI Representative has a primary responsibility to represent the Child Protection Initiative in the region.
Represent the CPI and SCC and SC Spain at a regional level, coordinating andsupporting the country programs in the region in the delivery of the CPI and Save theChildren Canada and Save the Children Spain Latin American Child Protectionobjectives in a way that meet Save the Children’s quality standards, donor needs andrequirements.
Save the Children Canada – with direct oversight from SC in Peru in coordination withSC Spain/SC Canada
The role of the Latin America Regional Representative will be to support country programs in the areas of Child Protection capacity building, research, programmedevelopment, monitoring and evaluation, communications, advocacy and fundraising – with a particular focus on CPI’s four priority areas.
More specific responsibilities include:
• Ensure networking with regional actors in areas related to CPI.
• Provide country offices with technical guidance to align their strategies with CPIpriority areas, in close collaboration with member-led technical assistance staff.
• Support fundraising at regional and national level for CPI-related activities.
• Provide capacity building for Save the Children staff especially within CPI’s priority areas.
• Support Child Protection research programs when relevant.
• Promote Child Protection knowledge management in the region.
• Ensure representation of region in global advocacy fora, by coordinating with otherchild protection regional technical assistance staff.
• Support the roll out of CPI global indicators in the region.
• Support the development and dissemination of communications materials to beused at regional and national levels
• Develop and Coordinate activities of Save the Children Canada (SCC) RegionalLatin American Program with SCC Regional Country office as well as Head OfficeSCC staff
• Play a representation role for SCC and SC Spain in the region
Skills and experience
Candidates for the position should demonstrate the following qualifications:
1.Experience, reputation and presence to be the principal representative atinternational, regional or country level international venues with governments,donors and INGOs and humanitarian agencies
2. Strong leadership, coordination and facilitation skills with capacity to work independently under general guidance of the CPI Director and consistent withagreed principles of child protection programmes
3.Proven history of working in the child protection field and understanding of children’s rights, emergency and non-emergency during the last 6 years or more.
4.Demonstrated understanding of the role of fundraising, advocacy andcommunications as part of the child protection response
5.Skills in programming, financial planning and financial management is desirable.
6.Skills to work effectively with country offices, Alliance Members and other AllianceGlobal Initiatives
7.Strong communication skills
8.Able/willing to travel in the region and internationally when necessary
9. Clear vision of the opportunities to achieve greater benefits for children affected by violence, exploitation, abuse and neglect.10.
Fully bilingual in Spanish/English (written/spoken)
- Personal specification
- Ability to deal with conflict situations and problem solving skills
- Trustworthy in all aspects of the role
Self- motivated and able to work with high degree of autonomy
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of Save the Children
- Must be a team worker and net worker
- Tenacious and willing to keep trying in challenging situations