Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Location: Haiti (Port-au-Prince)
Closing date: 09 Aug 2008
Req #: I 08 086
Length of assignment: 2 to 3 years, subject to availability of funding
CRS/Haiti is implanting the Reach Out Program for community services for PLHIV,
OVC in five departments of Haiti (South, Nippes, Northwest, Grand Anse, and Artibonite). The program is funded by PEPFAR through the USAID/Haiti Mission. The
program will include interventions in palliative care and support targeting PLHIV and OVC in the following areas: psychosocial support; health care services; training of community health workers; activities to support education for OVC, community
mobilization and sensitization; home-based care; transportation and economic support; legal and life counseling; nutritional support; strengthening of health care referral networks and linkages with treatment facilities. The Program Manager (PM) will coordinate the execution of the CRS/Haiti Reach Out program, ensuring CRS program quality standards and donor compliance. S/he will have considerable responsibility in the implementation and direction of the project, staff supervision, partner relationships, and enabling community partners to have a clear and direct impact on the project’s participants and beneficiaries. The PM will supervise and provide technical and strategic guidance to teams implementing interventions. S/he will facilitate relationships with the Ministry of Health’s Departmental Directors, and, with Reach Out staff, build a network of community service providers, maintain and reinforce M&E systems, ensure reporting to USAID and CRS/HQ, and provide overall financial management of the project. This is an excellent opportunity for a public health and development professional to work in decentralized community services project. The PM will become part of a dedicated team of CRS and partner professionals.
1. Masters degree in Public Health or social sciences or significant experience
managing HIV programs involving hospitals, clinics, and local communities;
2. At least two to three years management experience including local staff with
significant medical expertise
3. At least three years living and working overseas, with HIV programming experience;
4. Ability to work with a variety of local partners of different types, government,
community, and NGO
5. Prior experience working with USAID/PEPFAR-funded projects highly desired;
6. Ability to professionally represent CRS to other organizations, preferably with
experience collaborating with the Church;
7. Ability to function effectively as part of a multi-cultural team;
8. Excellent communication skills and writing skills;
9. Excellent collaboration, management, and strategic planning skills;
10. Extensive knowledge of proposal-writing and budgeting;
11. Computer proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook;
1. Results-oriented, assertive and forward thinker
2. Team player and committed to impart knowledge
3. Ability to work well with others in stressful environment
Physical Requirements/Environment: Based in Port-au-Prince with frequent travel to
project target areas and sub offices. Willingness to travel 35% of the time within the country program to visit project sites.
Foreign Language Required: Written and verbal proficiency in English and verbal
proficiency in French is required.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
To apply for this position please visit the Catholic Relief Services website at
www.crs.org/about/careers. Regrettably, email submissions can not be accepted.
Reference Code: RW_7FGRRH-78