Location: Oxford, UK or Barcelona, Spain
Last Date: August 14, 2011
Contract: 12 Month Fixed Term
Location: Oxford (UK) OR Barcelona (SPAIN)
Salary: Competitive Salary based on Location
Oxfam is an International confederation of 15 independent, non-governmental organizations working together in 98 countries to achieve our vision of ‘a just world without poverty’. Our Secretariat is based in Oxford, with advocacy and campaigns offices in Washington DC, New York, Brussels, Geneva, Brasilia and a liaison office with the Africa Union in Addis Ababa.
This post will be part of the Oxfam International Planning and Development team and based either in Oxford or Barcelona.
Oxfam is looking for a Global Evaluation Research and Learning Officer that will collaborate and network with Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning colleagues across the Oxfam Confederation. The Global Evaluation Research and Learning Officer will provide technical and process support to assist Oxfam to understand how its global ‘Single Management Structure’ process is affecting program quality, impact and relationships with external stakeholders
The successful applicant will have:
• Experience in International Development and the INGO world, and in particular with rights-based approaches and gendered perspectives
• Technical training in monitoring, evaluation and learning for effectiveness, with strong ability in participatory forms of monitoring, evaluation and learning, and in multi-sited evaluation research
• Experience in organizational learning processes
• Experience in program planning and the link with monitoring, evaluation and learning cycles, especially as they pertain to “developmental evaluation” and to programmatic – as opposed to purely project – approaches
• Experience working across network, alliance or confederation dynamics
• Ability to work with non-specialists and engage with colleagues in a multi-cultural environment
Fluency in English required and competence in French and/or Spanish is desirable.
The post holder must have the legal right to be employed in the UK or Spain
To view the job description and for information on how to apply please go to the Oxfam International Website, found at: http://www.oxfam.org/en/jobs/secretariat
Closing date: 14th August 2011 at 24:00 BST (GMT +1hr)