FIAN – FoodFirst Information & Action Network International
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Last Date: December 27, 2010
FIAN – FoodFirst Information & Action Network International www.fian.org – campaigns globally for the realisation of the right to food. FIAN works with members and partners in over 50 countries and enjoys consultative status with the UN ECOSOC.
FIAN’s International Secretariat is looking for a
In a part-time position (20 h/ week) based in Heidelberg, Germany
• Coordinate the implementation of a project on raising awareness about the human right to food within Europe
• Develop and implement various project elements in close cooperation with international partners: Press and media work; running of a one-year public campaign and supporting volunteer activists in their public awareness raising work
• Networking with FIAN Sections and partners throughout Europe and Africa
• Project management, regular reports to funding bodies, partners and superiors, researching and securing funds
• At least three years work experience in human rights
• Experience in project management
• Experience in campaigning and media work
• Excellent communication and networking skills
• Proven intercultural competence
• Excellent English, knowledge of French or Spanish is an asset
• Interest in gender mainstreaming and organizational development
• Genuine interest in and enjoyment of working with volunteers
• Flexibility and ability to work well under pressure
– Work in an internationally renowned human rights organization
– Being part of a highly motivated and intercultural team
Please forward your completed application in one pdf to
Closing date: December 27th, 2010.
Interviews will be held on January 14th and 17th, 2011, in Heidelberg.
For any questions, please turn to Ms. Van Poppel at +49-6221-6530030.