Knowledge development and learning over the past years have increasingly become part of SNV’s practice in LA. This has yielded results in terms of product development and innovation, replication of successful experiences and increased quality and standardization of tools and methodologies.
The Regional Research and Development Specialist will provide technical leadership for knowledge management, the research of new technologies, methodologies and development of tools to support projects and programs within Latin America region.
Core Functions: will support in delivering results and high level products through the following main functions;
- Work with the Regional Director, design the overall research and methodologies/products agenda for the organization, to include field applied research in support of programs and project teams, as well as occasional academic research.
- Provide direct support to programs/projects in development of products, tools, methodologies to respond to market and countries’ needs.
- Work with programs/project’s teams and consultant researchers to develop proposals for research on existing programs, as well as new initiatives for pilot tools, methodologies and products in programs/projects.
- Identify other organizations/institutions involved in parallel research:
- Lead the regional commitment to program knowledge management, including the continuous creation, capture, organization, sharing /dissemination and use of information.
- Participate in the implementation of Knowledge management and R&D components of programs/projects.
- Oversee collection of information on innovative programs/projects, particularly those using new tools and methodologies.
- Ensure the sharing of other innovative practices within the organization.
- Oversee and prepare documents for publication.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 8+ years of senior level experience in Knowledge Management and associated uses of technology tools.
- 5 years of relevant experience in the planning, review and/or preparation of projects in R&D.
- Experience with field applied Research and Development activities.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present materials in meetings, write project documents (including research and evaluation design plans, logic models, data collection and data analysis plans, and final reports) and proposals.
- Knowledge of research concepts and principles, and the ability to apply them during the implementation of project tasks.
- Data collection (key stakeholder interviews, focus groups, surveys, and secondary data analysis techniques), data management, and data analysis skills is a plus.
- Ability to establishing effective working relationships with country-level teams, partner institutions, and donor organizations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of international development, NGOs, government agencies and bilateral, multilateral and private donors.
- Experience working in a bilingual and multicultural environment.
CONTRACT PERIOD: Starting a.s.a.p. for 1 year with possibility of extension.
Please send motivation letter, CV, and 3-page maximum writing sample (in English, preferably proposal or marketing piece) to until October 20, 2011.
At SNV, we help organisations succeed and scale by unlocking and harnessing their true potential for transformative social change. With more than 950 professional technical advisors located in 90 offices in more than 30 developing countries, we provide strategic and contextualised advisory, knowledge and advocacy services to more than 1800 leading public, private and social sector organisations in Africa, Asia, the Balkans, and Latin America to accelerate and sustain their fight against poverty. Driven by the principles of economic and social inclusion, SNV catalyses scalable and lasting solutions that increase employment and income opportunities and access to basic services for the low-income segment. In Latin America, SNV has offices in Ecuador, Bolivia, Peru, Nicaragua, and Honduras, with additional projects in El Salvador, Panama, Costa Rica, Guatemala, and Paraguay. For more information on SNV Latin America, please visit our website at www.snvla.org and www.inclusivebusiness.org.