World Neighbors, an international nonprofit organization that focuses on participatory rural community development is seeking to hire an Associate Vice President for the Latin America & Caribbean Region (RAVP LAC). The position is based in Lima, Peru and is responsible for: representing World Neighbors within the LAC region and overall regional management, ensuring consistency with World Neighbors mission, values, and strategic plan. Leads regional strategic planning process and subsequent implementation; ensures regional program and operations excellence and cost-effectiveness; ensures timely and effective communications with headquarters and adherence to deadlines; contributes to global learning and innovation including leading regional advocacy and inter-institutional initiatives; serves as a member of the coordinating team; directly supervises the External Relations Officer, Finance officer, Program Officer, and Evaluation Coordinator. Minimum requirements:
- excellent oral and written communication skills,
- budgeting and financial management and strategic planning skills,
- fluency in Spanish & English (preference will be given to candidates who also have a working knowledge of French) and principle language;
- Master’s degree or equivalent with five years of experience or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with eight years experience;
- three years senior management supervisory experience in a non profit development organization, multi-country experience within LAC region, experience working with NGO’s, CBO’s, networks, public sector agencies, etc.,
- capacity building/organizational development experience, participatory rural development experience in at least two of the following areas: sustainable agriculture & rural livelihoods, community based natural resource management, community & reproductive health, gender equity, action- learning communication.
Please submit your resume/CV in English along with a cover letter explaining your interest in the position as well as salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 11 May 2012; anticipated start date is 1 July 2012.
For further information about World Neighbors please visit: www.wn.org